At Dineamic, there’s a wide range of our Meals for One and Mains for Two that contain ingredients that are both low GI/high fibre carbohydrates sources and low in saturated fats.
Diabetes Australia recommends choosing a diet similar to those of the Australian Dietary Guidelines, paying special attention to the timing, amount of food and type of carbohydrate chosen. The glycaemic index (GI) is another useful tool to measure the effect of the food on a person's blood glucose level and eating moderate amounts of low GI carbohydrate foods regularly throughout the day will help you maintain consistent blood glucose levels.
Three key dietary recommendations can be made for people with Diabetes:
- Eat regular meals spaced throughout the day
- Choose meals lower in saturated fat (lean meats, low fat dairy foods)
- Keep portion control in mind for high fibre carbohydrates (e.g. wholegrains, beans, lentils, vegetables and fruits)
Here are at Dineamic we have a wide range of meals that contain foods that are both low GI/high fibre carbohydrates sources and low in saturated fats. A few examples are:
- Lamb Kofta with Chickpea Smash and Pickled Vegetables
- Low FODMAP Butter Chicken with Wild Rice
- Chicken Fajita with Capsicum and Red Onion on Brown Rice
- Low FODMAP Chicken Cacciatore with Mixed Potato Mash
Our Mains for Two are also a great choice, as you can chose your own sides allowing you to choose a complex carbohydrate like our Wild Rice Blend, Cajun Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges, or our Broccoli Cauliflower & Brown Rice Blend.